Image Map

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Six List



I mentioned last week I really was enjoying Sarah Mae's book Having a Martha Home the Mary Way.  Her quick tips, easy ideas and breath of fresh air are just what my soul needed.  I had a few takeaways from her book and one really has stuck with me (almost) daily.

She shared this $25,000 piece of advice of creating your own Six List every day.  She suggests that you write them down the night before, in order of which you will do them.  {I'll be honest, the night before and in order part are still a work in progress for me...baby steps!} 

Basically Charles Schwab was approached by a public relations expert Ivy Lee back in 1920.  Lee suggested if he met with Schwab's executives they'd be more productive, therefore making Schwab's business more profitable. 

It worked and Charles ended up paying Ivy $25,000 for his work.  

Why do I think it works?

Well, if you're anything like me, your to do list(s) are pages and pages. You never fully accomplish it all every single day and then you feel like a flop.

If you just focus on 6 (SIX) non-negotiable things you have got to get done for the day to feel as though you did all that you could, you'll have a great day and be productive.

It's kind of fun too...

Yes, I'm a dork.

My sample list for today:

1.  Workout at the Y
2.  Play/read with kids.
3.  Fold & put away all of the laundry (while watching This is Us)
4.  Read.
5.  Pay bills.
6.  Meal prep for the rest of the week.

Simply cross off each number as you complete the task.

What happens when you don't get to the last one or two?  

Just roll them over to the next day and start with those.  

It's that easy!

What will be on your six list today?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)