Image Map

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cleansing & Thoughts for June

Holy smokes!!

I am not sure how it is June 8th, but here we are folks!   I don't like abandoning the blog, but life happens, I suppose.  We had a great May, filled with some staycation time, date nights, and lots of time with family.  We've been hustling hard, building our real estate portfolio and working diligently on our business.

I felt the need to check myself with my eating, as I could feel my clothes not fitting how I like.  I haven't been prioritizing myself and have been eating more like 50/50 instead of 80/20, so I knew it was time to reboot.

I love documenting my cleanses so that I know what I ate during them...sometimes I get lazy and busy and make excuses as to why I don't eat 'clean' but if I can look back here and see it wasn't so hard after all, it just took a little prep time, it helps!

I started my cleanse Wednesday June 7th.
Starting weight: 137


If you have followed me for awhile, you know I was super into Advocare.  I still love their products and truly believe they help! The 24 day challenge helped me learn how to eat correctly and what foods really make me feel the best.

However, as I get older and my body changes and I find what works and doesn't work for me as well.  As much as I LOVE Spark, with my reflux, I just can't drink it.  Same goes for coffee.  I could cry into my green tea latte, but to be honest I am ok without them.

I did however branch out and try Beachbody's Energize, which doesn't seem to irritate me.  Its main source of caffeine is green tea---which is the only form of caffeine I seem to be able to tolerate well.  I also have switched to Shakeology because quite honestly, I enjoy the taste much better than any of the Advocare's shakes.  I am not here to diss or knock, I am just stating what works for me and my body.

I am also a member of Beachbody On Demand because it is the ONLY way I keep up with my workouts.  I have no desire to drag two kids to the gym.  I can throw on my sneakers or pull out my mat and get to work.

I am doing the 14 day Yoga challenge and I started yesterday as well.

So for this 10 day cleanse, here is my raw, honest and real approach!!

I am doing Advocare's 10 day cleanse (includes probiotics in the AM along with a fiber drink and then cleanse tablets PM)

Eating clean-aka-

  • No alcohol
  • No processed foods (other than protein powder)
  • No refined carbohydrates
  • No extra sugars
  • No green tea lattes from the 'bux
  • Drinking lots of water all day long (1/2 my body weight)
  • Eating 5-6 small meals a day
  • Getting good sleep
Day 1:
MEALS


Meal 1- I had 2 eggs over easy, ezekial toast, avocado spread on top, few tomatoes
Meal 2- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup of cashew milk, dash cinnamon & a few strawberries (overnight oats)
Meal 3- Vegan Cafe Latte Shakeology w/ cashew milk, 4 ice cubes, 1/2 banana & a tsp of pb
Meal 4- Chocolate Protein shake w/ ice and water after my yoga sesh
Meal 5- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap (cube chicken, grill pan, season, mix with broccoli, almond butter & Braggs liquid aminos (I dont have coconut aminos and lime juice. Sounds weird; trust me, it's good!)
Meal 6-  I felt a little hungry after dinner so I diced up turnips and sweet potatoes, evoo and seasoned in a pan.  They satisfied my salty tooth!


I saw this on the Advocare Facebook page and may have to try them! Use whatever protein powder you have.


Tip or trick:

Hardboil some eggs and always have easy fresh fruits and veggies on hand.  I ate these on Monday, as I was trying to prep for my meal prep haha.  I know that is the hardest thing for me as a busy momma of a 2 and 4 year old, plus having to cook separate meals for Joe because he cannot eat too many vegetables or whole grain/whole wheat items.


Lastly:

I constantly feed my brain.  I'm always listening to motivating podcasts, audiobooks, and looking at solid quotes.  Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.  We as a society have learned to settle for average.  We continue to live our lives with tunnel vision, no expectations, not pushing ourselves over and beyond.  Sometimes I wonder if I push myself or my kids too much, but then I realize that's silly.  Joe and I work very hard to create our exceptional life and there is no better way to live.  Whether is being healthy, making more money, fueling your mind and spirit with good thoughts, prayers and words, you must make efforts every single day.  There is no rest for this; we have got to face our fears, push our limits and never, EVER settle. Each and every one of us is worth more.


...more to come on that topic.

For now, Day 2 of my cleanse has commenced and I am ready to take on the world. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Each & every comment is so very much appreciated!! :)